- Hello World
- ++ method
- Assignments and types
- Operator Precedence
- String interpolation
- Simple arithmetic
- Multiline strings
- Arrays and literals arrays
- Literal intervals
- If, for, while and repeat-until
- Message sends
- Conversion between basic type values
- Anonymous functions
- Evaluating an anonymous function
- Functions with method foreach
- Gradual typing
- Generic prototypes
- Important metaobjects
- The CyanInterpreter prototype
In the previous example, we’ve already seen comments. Comments are part of the code that’ll be ignored by the compiler.
a = 0; b = 0; // error
Whereas the // represents a comment insertion, and all the text after the //, until the end of the line, is a comment. It is possible to comment multiple lines at once, and comments can be nested.
/* this is a /* nested comment */ that ends here */
So everything inside a /* */ block becomes a comment.